Solar Shingles Go Main Stream
Dow Chemical has been working on the DOW POWERHOUSE Solar Shingles for a couple years now, and has recently announced plans to expand its manufacturing capability after a succesful pilot run.
What is significant about these new shingles is that they do not require specialist solar installation firms but rather can be installed by general roofing conractors or homeowners themselves.
The plant will also create 1275 new direct jobs and increase capacity to 220 MW annually.
- Solar Shingles Roof Materials (bailoutmycareer.wordpress.com)
- Sprouting Soon: Solar Panels Sculpted As Artificial Leaves (fastcompany.com)
- Green companies … Green projects … Green jobs … Green heroes (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- Eco-minded home owners are put-off by price of solar panels (money.marksandspencer.com)
- Solar Integrated Home Building (eecatalyst.wordpress.com)
This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 16th, 2011 at 6:33 am and is filed under Solar. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.